It is one of those dishes that packs a punch using very little ingredients. Best served on a plate of steaming hot jasmine rice, this dish was made during my hungry bouts of drinking beer at home. The creamy texture of the shrimp lathered in a citrus buttery sauce was enough to satisfy the hunger of any drinker with the munchies.
What’s in the Fridge?
Normally after you drink a pint or two, signals between your stomach and brain urge the body to go into hunt mode for food. Like many other drinkers, this occurrence naturally happened to me.
So what was available to me at that moment? I had to check in the fridge. Here were the ingredients that were available to me at that moment.
- 5 pcs Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 3-4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 stalks Cilantro (chopped)
- 2-3 slices Butter (salted)
- 1 pinch Garlic Salt
- 1 pc Lime
Creating Your Dish
- Heat the pan with some oil (olive oil is preferred) and add in the shrimp
- As shrimp is cooked halfway add minced garlic and slices of butter
- Season the shrimp with garlic salt to your preference
- Squeeze lime juice over the shrimp and sauce to incorporate the flavors
- Add the chopped cilantro at end and toss lightly to prevent from bruising
- Turn off heat and plate the dish on top of Jasmine rice
- Serve and enjoy munchies with your favorite beer brew